Friday, March 23, 2012

Biggest Error Card of All-Time?

So it was about a year ago when I purchased a few packs of Prestige Basketball 2010-2011 and really liked the product. Which is why getting it for my birthday this year in blaster form was awesome. However, it was sorting through them last year when I noticed something wasn't right. When putting the cards by number, I noticed in small writing that the card was autographed!! Then the next one too! I was very excited! 2 autographs in 6 packs!! At a retail outlet at that! What a pull! I didn't originally see an autograph when busting but I had heard enough stories with cards being stuck together so I thought I hit it well. But when I flipped the two cards around. Autographs were not found. I went to the back again and read it. The looked at the front. Then the back...then the front...then the...well you get the point.

I waited til the next day before calling Panini customer service about it and they told me nicely that the cards were printing errors and that there was nothing they could do and no replacements would be shipped. I must admit at first I was a little furious, but then I came to realize that errors are made. And that these cards were still pretty cool and unique in their own way. Though the cards have no added value from the error since so many were made, I found it a collectible and look at them time to time.

Here is an example of the cards:

The card front. Obviously missing the autograph it claims to have had
As you can see the small writing claims there is an autograph to be found
I have also included a link to the Knights Lance about these if you want more information on them!

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/2012/02/22/linsanity-effect-brings-2010-11-prestige-basketball-printing-error-back-to-light/
 
I now ask...is the biggest error in sports cards history?? Or is there one that tops it?

No comments:

Post a Comment