Thursday, March 29, 2012

Card Designs I miss...Playoff Contenders Football '98 Pennants


First off, this is Hines Ward rookie season and rookie card. These pennants were part of a three part breakdown of the '98 Contenders. There were leather ones (will be another flashback on this brand with one of those so stay tuned), pennants, and base cards. I found this to be one of the most unique products in the late 90's and to me was a high end brand. I don't quite remember the full breakdown of a pack anymore, but I believe there were 3 cards per pack and you got one of each type of card in the pack. This was a hot and still is a hot product for its autographed rookie cards of Randy Moss and Peyton Manning and Ahman Green.

Any form of this product in pack or box form can go for 100's of dollars. I was glad to be able to purchase and own some of these cards when they were under $10 a pack. If only I had known back then I would have stocked up...

No comments:

Post a Comment