Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Flashback: Pinnacle Inside Baseball

John Smoltz is the '97 version and Ripken Jr is '98
Gold Can Version of Vlad Guerrero
Each can came with a pack of cards inside. You would have to open the can like a can of soup. Each pack came with roughly 5 cards and cans ran around $2.99 at that time. There were randomly inserted autograph cards, inserts and more.

This was one innovation I loved and I wished could be brought back. The first year they came out, I collected every can from the set. The '98 set I could not put together.But I did managed to find a Gold can that were randomly inserted and hard to find. I still own 4 cans that are not opened. Sometimes the temptation is there....but don't think I will ever do it.

Do any of you own these unique items? Do you wish they could come back? Do you wish companies had the same kind of innovations now?

No comments:

Post a Comment