Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Game Day Recipes: Meatloaf with topping

Meat Loaf

Now most people grumble about having to eat it. Believe me, I once did. But I took a basic recipe I found and improved upon it. The topping is to die for! Give it a try! I will be posting a side dish of mashed potatoes to go with this for my next recipe.

Meat Loaf

1 lb of Ground Chuck
1/2 cup of oatmeal
1 small onion chopped
1 Tablespoon of garlic
1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
dash of salt and pepper

Topping:

1/2 cup of ketchup
1 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
Optional (1 teaspoon of Yellow Mustard)

Mix all of the Meat loaf ingredients together and form into a loaf. I use a small size glass pan to bake mine in. Mix the topping ingredients together and pour over the top of the meatloaf. I sometimes will taste the topping ahead of time. Some people prefer more sugar. Others more ketchup and cider vinegar. So make sure you take a taste to figure out what balances well for you. I will also sometimes double it to have more topping.

Bake the Meat Loaf at 350 or 375 to make sure it doesn't burn the topping. You can either cover it with aluminum foil with baking or not. It takes about an hour to bake. Take it out and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment