Friday, April 6, 2012

Review: Panini Prime Signatures

First off, I want to give a shout out to Tracy Hackler and Panini for providing this box for me to review. Thanks so much guys!! Here is what we got. The box only contains 4 cards so the review will be a small one.

Box Design: Plain, simple, elegant. 3 words to explain it. It tells you right up front. 4 cards. 1 pack.

$$$ out of 5


Wrapper: Matches the box. So look above for my thoughts.

$$$ out of 5


Base Cards/Inserts: Thick high gloss cards. We got a Barry Sanders Parallel numbered to 99. All of the base cards are numbered to 499. The design is simple. Looks nice. Best white background base card I have seen. Panini also always does a great job mixing in the All-Time greats in their base sets as well.

$$$ out of 5

Memorabilia: N/A

Autographs: You get one autograph per box. The other 3 cards are base. I would call this a pretty risky but high reward product. I was happy to have gotten a Jerell Jernigan as my auto. But others might not have felt this way. Especially since the one hit was a redemption.

$$ out of 5


Overall: A high risk, but can be a high reward product. I only worry with only the one hit being a possible redemption how everyone might feel about it. Redemption cards don't bother me as much as some people. Especially NY Giants ones.. I am not scaring you away from this product because the reward can be great and the base cards look very nice. Just letting you be aware the product only has one hit and you might land a redemption. However, to let you know, I have seen many breaks of this product and this is the first one I have seen with a redemption.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. We will post a picture of the autograph when it comes as well!

      Delete
  2. Very nice berry sanders card. Never bought a prime signature box I don't know if it would be worth the risk but I'm sure I'll chance it one day. We have some memrabilla boxes at our PX here at fort bliss for 20.00 really good price comes with two packs and four memrabilla cards. I think it's topps brand I'll have to dubble check. Think I might grab a few ices but I have not heard anyone say it's worth it yet. I have been getting the topps boxes with 20 packs in them lately and I usually get one jersey card out of it and some really nice rookies.
    April Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say not to buy this product only because the resale value of the cards is very low. I have bought nearly two cases. You will be luck to pull $20 worth of cards from a $60 pack.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if I would purchase a box and take the risk. It's a nice looking design, but a really risky decision.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully for 4 cards this isn't expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are indeed designed nicely, but as you say here, the risk overcomes the chance of reward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't want to risk buying a box of Prime but I am contemplating on getting in a break.

    ReplyDelete