Tuesday, May 15, 2012

2 Retail Pack Review: Bowman Baseball 2012

Had an itch for some baseball and wanted to pick up a Bryce Harper. Picked up a couple of packs of Bowman Baseball 2012. I didn't have much success but here is how I did:

Packs: Two of the top rookie prospects..can't go wrong! Very eye catching.



Base: Good photography, but what bothers me is they should extend the photography. Don't use a white border to take up a lot of the picture.

Chrome Base: The white border doesn't bother me as much with chrome. Maybe because its chrome and I have always been a big fan.


Inserts: Gold parallels falling one per pack. Internationals falling 1:4. Refractors, Bowman's Best and more. This product has a ton of nice looking inserts.

Autographs/memorabilia: N/A

Overall: I am not much of a prospector. Which is definitely is what this product is all about. I try to get the main rookies and my main chase was to get Bryce Harper which I was not successful at. But I would recommend this product. It has a lot to offer. And for only a few bucks a pack..you never know what can come out and surprise you from this.

Ratings: 1-5 rating.
                Base Design : 2
                Insert Design :3
                Autograph/ Memorabila Design: N/A
                Packaging: 3
                Value: 3
                Wow Factor: 3
                Mojo Hits: 2

2 comments:

  1. Oof, I feel like your numbers were a bit unfair! But I guess different strokes for different folks.

    I was absolutely blown away by the base design this year. I thought the cards were clean, crisp, and actually collectable. The last few years of Bowman, in my opinion, were really... blah. And this year they tweaked them a bit and came up with just an outstanding design that I love. The Bowman Foil stamp in the upper corners is just beautiful. I actually bought more of this product than I intended to and I'll probably get a few more blasters until Topps Series 2 comes out.

    Another thing that I really, really like with what they did and I don't know if it's just this year or how they've always done it, but in retail you can get sticker auto's on base cards of the prospects, whereas in Hobby you get on-card autos in their chrome cards. Also, Harper is retail-only for autos (Unless you get one of the 25 Black autos... yeah right).

    Just my 2 cents on the product, I thought it should warrant an overall 4ish, maybe slightly higher. And I don't usually like Bowman, either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually try Bowman, but I just think the white border takes up too much of the picture. They should have just put a bottom border on or skinny out the white border just a tad bit more. Than it might look great.

      I like Bowman and usually give it a little bust every year and my review is just from the 2 packs I opened and not specifically based on the entire product. I would love to have to open more to see how it goes. The the numbers might improve. But I do like an opinion. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete