Monday, May 14, 2012

TTM:Through the Mail Autos

TTM, otherwise known as Through the mail autos can be a fun experience for any collector. The anticipation of possibly landing your favorite player from your favorite team. Wow. You can drool just thinking about it. I have only been lucky enough to land one of my favorite players from my favorite team the New York Giants. But I have landed other autographs from pro athletes using Through The Mail.

The Giants player I recieved is RW McQuarters who I sent this Topps card to after the Giants had won Super Bowl 42. I was actually shocked to have gotten it back. I sent him a letter of thanks for making big interceptions in the playoffs that season to help carry the Giants through to the Super Bowl. And to show his appreciation for me as a fan, he sent me the card back signed.

I have some tips on how to land some autographs from your favorite teams without having to spend anymore than 2 stamps.

1st: Send to the team headquarters and ATTN to the player you desire
2nd: Don't aim for the star players. You most likely will never see them back
3rd: Best time to send is in the off-seasons for any sport
4th: Send a SASE with a stamp on it with a card included. Don't ask for too much
5th: Make your letter personal. Don't just type up a generic letter. Make it about their career and yourself.

I have not had great success, 12 returned out of 60, but I did have some returned and these were my keys to success. I wish you all luck and I will be sharing on and off which ones I got back. One of those is posted here.

If you have any other questions just leave them in the comments section and I will do my best to answer them.

3 comments:

  1. I've been desperately trying to get into TTM autos, I absolutely love getting things in the mail. These tips are absolutely golden, thanks for sharing your successes and keep us posted on future mail days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips thanks
    April Wilson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before.
    My website Try THIS Web-site

    ReplyDelete