Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Roger Clemens....was justice served?

Yesterday Roger Clemens was found not guilty on all charges after being accused of lying to Congress about his not use performance-enhancing drugs. This news to me was surprising. There was a ton of evidence and all seemed to be leading towards a guilty verdict. 

I want to think this guy is innocent. But deep down...something tells me he is not. But that's not for me to judge. The ruling was the ruling. I just had much respect and loved watching him pitch until this happened. This was the way I felt with all of the players involved in the steroid era.

All in all, this has hurt him in the hobby respect of things as well. Cards that I have, their values have dipped below more than half of what they used to be. Will a not guilty change this..probably not. In the end, this has hurt his reputation, his chances to make the Hall and his cardboard.

So was this 5 year and millions of dollars trial worth it all for a not guilty? Was justice served? Did he lie to Congress? I don't have an answer for this.

Do any of you feel the same way I do about Roger? Do you find think he is guilty but still wonder in the back of your mind that he is innocent? And should he make the Hall of Fame?

No comments:

Post a Comment