Monday, January 7, 2013

Fan Box Break: Shane Salmonson's 4 Box Case Of Bowman Sterling Football 2012

Time for another edition of Fan Box Break. This time its from one of our favorite Twitter followers Shane Salmonson. We would like to thank him for taking time out to send us some pics and for doing a small writeup. He broke a 4 box Case of Bowman Sterling football 2012 and 2 hobby boxes of Crown Royale (which we will feature here tomorrow) for us to share on here. But for now, here are his for the Bowman Sterling 4 box case Break results:


Embedded image permalink


Box #1
Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box Topper
Embedded image permalink

Box #2

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box Topper
Embedded image permalink

Box #3
Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box Topper
Embedded image permalink

Box # 4
Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box Topper
Embedded image permalink

Here are is thoughts on his case break:
"Being a high-end product, the whole time I was opening it I felt that something big was coming. Unfortunately, it never showed. I have no complaints about the card design. Sharp looking cards, with again, the different color refractors being a highlight of the base cards, as well as the autographs and relics. The biggest design/packaging flaw that I could find was that the hits were the last cards in the pack. This forced me to look away as I was opening the packs to uphold the suspense. (I had to find something wrong, right?)
The boxtoppers were a nice touch. I really liked the Doug Martin jumbo patch that I pulled from a boxtopper. Really nice looking card, especially with the creamsicle orange jersey. The sad thing was that this was probably my best pull from the case.
Overall value on the case was disappointing, to say the least. The best rookie autograph/relic card I pulled was probably a LaMichael James. (I told you it was not good). I did, however, hit a printing plate autograph. That was a nice hit, even though it was Josh Gordon. Another negative was the fact that I pulled three of the same Stephon Gilmore autographed cards out of three consecutive boxes. (You wouldn't see me complaining if it was RGIII)."
Once again thanks to Shane for sharing this and we would like to know what your thoughts are on his break.

1 comment:

  1. This stuff looks pretty good. I may grab a box. Seeing that a case really didn't yield anything crazy amazing I may avoid it. Great looking stuff though!

    ReplyDelete