Friday, January 18, 2013

Random Card Of The Day: Bernard Pierce Gridiron Auto Rookie


When I pulled this my first reaction was wow..this is a nice looking card but then my second was uggh figures I would pull a no name rookie who backs up a star running back and probably has no chance of playing time. But watching this guy torch the Giants for over 100 yards and then almost follow it up the week after with the same I started to get more excited. He continued to progress as the season went on. This guy could start to split carries in the Baltimore backfield with the way he performs. And it will be interesting if the Ravens give him more carries this weekend against the Pats if Ray Rice can't get it going.

Have you ever had that ugh feeling when you pulled a certain player than got excited when they player got playing time and started to succeed?

2 comments:

  1. No but it would have been nice to pull a Colin Kaepernick or Philip Wheeler like the Pierce you have above in all of my collecting of my Raiders and 9ers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demarco Murray was a big one for me previously. But this year Luke Kuechly, first time I pulled his Auto was in Score. I couldn't figure out how to pronounce his name. I pulled 3 other auto's of his this year and 164 tackles, 3 Fumble recoveries and 2 interceptions later - I know how to pronounce his name!

    ReplyDelete