Friday, February 8, 2013

Fan Box Break: 2012 Sp Authentic Fooball Case Break

Our Twitter friend Shane Salmonson was glad to share his 12 box case break of Sp Authentic Football 2012. Let us know how you think he did:

Embedded image permalink

Box 1 Hits

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink 

Box 2 Hits:

Embedded image permalink

Box 3 Hits:

Embedded image permalink 

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box 4 Hits

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink 

Box 5 Hits

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink 

Box 6 Hits:

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box 7 Hits

Embedded image permalink 

Embedded image permalink

Box 8 Hits

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box 9 Hits

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box 10 Hits

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box 11 Hits

Embedded image permalink

 Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Box 12 Hits

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Here is what he said about his break:
"I buy a case of SP Authentic Football basically every year, or have for the last 4-5 at least. I have always liked the rookie patch autos. And, of course, I appreciate the fact that all autos are on-card.
 
The case started off pretty hot with a Doug Martin patch auto. Was excited to see that in the 1st box.
 
The 3rd box delivered my 1st Stadium Authentics card. Love the look of these cards, and the beauty doesn't really come through with the picture. And with the odds of landing these only 1 in 110 packs, it is certainly not a bad hit. Doesn't hurt that it was Barry Sanders. This box also brought my only gold auto, with it (unfortunately) being Javon Criner. Being numbered to 15 it was still a good hit though. My 3rd rookie patch auto turned out to be Dan Herron, who decided to take over my case from there on out. (I pulled 2 other different Herron autos in the rest of the case). Really nice 4 color patch on this card though.
 
Box 4 yielded my first Sign of the Times card, T.J. Graham. These are some sharp looking cards. Nothing to complain about on the design on the SOTT. The auto patch in box 4 was Brandon Weeden. Nice 3 color patch, and Weeden's auto is a nice one, especially when compared to a lot of the players today.
 
Box 5 probably brought my best hit of the case, with the Herschel Walker Sign of the Times redemption. Looking forward to getting this one in the mail, whenever that may be. Considering I just recently got a redemption from my 2010 SP Authentic case I won't hold my breath while waiting for this one. The auto patch featured another nice autograph, that of Kirk Cousins.
 
In box 6 I pulled a RG III Stadium Authentic card. Again, very nice card. Glad to see the added insert set this year. Last year it got pretty old pulling nothing but base cards. This was probably one of @SportCardCollec's favorite box, because it featured the patch auto of Rueben Randle. Unfortunately just a solid color patch on this card.
 
Box 7 held one of my favorite cards from the case. Not because of value necessarily, but simply because of the neon color of the LaMichael James patch.
 
From here on out the case got pretty cold, with the exception of the "bonus" packs of SP Threads.
 
Box 8 unleashed my 2nd RG III Stadium Authentics card, this one being a "Bowl Game Edition." Ryan Broyles was the patch auto. I hadn't realized at that point that I should have been pretty happy to pull the Broyles...as you'll see from the next few rookies.
 
Box 9 finally brought me my 1st "bonus" pack of SP Threads, with the card inside being an auto relic of LaMichael James. I started to become a bit suspicious though when the rest of the box only yielded the auto patch and one other auto. It turns out that the "bonus" packs counted as one of the autos for the box. I don't remember this being the case last year. I thought for sure that last year I still pulled 2 other autos in addition to the patch auto and the bonus pack. Who knows. The patch auto in this box was Jeff Fuller. (Who?)
 
Box 10 delivered a Nick Toon SP Threads auto relic. My 10th auto patch was Dwight Jones. (I told you the case got cold)
 
Box 11 held my 3rd SP Threads pack, Kellen Moore the card inside. DeVier Posey was the patch auto, could turn out to be a solid receiver in a few years.
 
The final box fittingly had my final SP Threads pack. Saved the best for last on those, Doug Martin. My last patch auto was a decent 3 color Kendall Wright.
 
Overall, still a big fan of the patch auto cards. The patches and the on-card autos just really stand out. At first glance I thought the base cards looked pretty crisp and clean. That was until I spotted the first names of the players on the top of the cards in gold foil. Really thought this took away from the overall look of the base cards, and now I have to deal with over 1,000 of them. I liked the fact that the base cards just featured the player. Really stand out.
 
As far as the value of my case, I don't think I did very well. Missed out on probably the top 3 rookies in the product (RG III, Russell Wilson & Trent Richardson). I also did not pull a gold patch auto for the first time in a few years. The only gold being the Criner base auto. I was glad, however, to only pull 2 redemptions. Unfortunately though my best auto was a redemption (Herschel Walker)."

Thanks again Shane for sharing this with us. If you have a break to share, email us the break and a small writeup to sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. You need to speak with upper deck on box 2, u got screwed out of an auto, box does say on it 3 autos per box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you want to trade or sell for the martins? im a hugh bucs fan and trying to keep a good collection of martin cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will ask Shane for you. This is not my collection but I will see if he is interested in selling.

      Delete