Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Trade on Twitter...

Recently made a great trade with a great guy I found on Twitter known as . If you haven't followed him yet, you should. Loves to talk sports and the hobby. I don't normally trade and usually when approached I tell them that. But I do consider it sometimes. Its hard to know who to trust in this online world without going to specific sites such as Beckett to let you know if the person is a good trader or not.

This time with a persistent inquiry about this card I decided to take the chance. Glad I did despite some ups and downs with it. By this I mean the USPS system almost killed this trade and my reputation by almost losing my card. His cards to me got to me within 3 days, mine took over a week and the tracking for mine never showed up until the day of delivery. And because of this, I don't think I will trade again online with the risk of it almost being lost. I may reconsider again in the future, but for right now I probably won't.But it was great that understood and waited.

Embedded image permalink
This is the one that he wanted desperately for his Topps Chrome auto collection and rookie QB PC. So he threw me a few offers and we were able to come to terms after I gave it much, much thought because I really did like this card. So he got the Osweiler Black refractor auto #25 and a few Topps Chrome refractor set needs and I got the following:

New Rueben Randles to increase the PC:




Another Eli relic.I only have 2. Now three :)


2 bonuses he threw in:
And one of my favorite cards from the lot despite having been released from the Giants # to 10

This was a trade I couldn't refuse. It helped both of us with our PC's. And I recommend to anyone to trade with him as well!

Let me know how you have done online trading outside of specific sites. And have you found bad traders? A bad time with USPS? And thoughts on this trade as well. Did you think this trade was even or one sided?

No comments:

Post a Comment