Friday, August 2, 2013

Retro Break: 1989 Upper Deck Baseball

Recently went to my first flea market and found a bunch of deals. This only cost me $1a pack. I bought two packs because that's all they had.

Each pack came with a chance at a Griffey Jr. Rookie. Other key rookie cards to find in 1989 Upper Deck is Gary Sheffield, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson, Craig Biggio and Omar Vazquel.

And at only a $1 a pack for 1989 Upper Deck baseball..I was digging in what they were selling!!

Packs on eBay range from $3-$6 each.

 
Can't call this a "wax" pack..cause this baby is a weird form of foil.

 
I had forgotten about these til they came flying out of the packs when I opened them. Two came per pack.

  
Always love finding Ripken Jr. in my packs. You know you at least have some value even if its just a base card.

 
Upper Deck has always had great photography with interesting shots. It all started with their first release!

Nope..this guy was not the rookie we were looking for. Too be honest, I have no idea who Felix Jose is.

No Griffey Jr's in this break..was a little disappointing but at the same time exciting as it was nice to see Upper Deck MLB cards again. And the excitement it brought to find two packs of this just lying around in a bin for $1 with the chance of landing the most iconic card in Upper Deck history was enough for me.

Let us know your thoughts on the break, on 1989 Upper Deck baseball and MLB Cards

1 comment:

  1. I always really liked this year of cards.

    ReplyDelete