Saturday, February 15, 2014

Hobby Topic

Another post in our new series Hobby Topics. This is not so much a post for us to comment about or give our opinions on, this is your chance to let your voice be heard on a variety of topics in the hobby. We are leaving the floor open to you! So comment away! But please no language and keep your answer clean as we do have a younger following as well.

Today's Topic will be about Sticker Autographs

A lot of complaints about autographs today is the fact they are done on stickers so it doesn't give you that closeness to the athlete as an on-card one would. What are your thoughts on this? Does it matter to you? Do only only collect one or the other?

Let's hear your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. While I do prefer on-card autographs, i really dont mind sticker autographs. I understand why they do it, and its still an autograph of the guy. So really, no big problem here with it. I just wish modern athletes would take the time to sign better, most of them have autographs that would be un-recognizeable if it wasnt on the card with their name, as opposed to the old timers who usually had great legible autographs.
    arnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I approach the twilight of my collecting years, I have to admit I'm getting more and more picky with my autograph purchases. And although I won't go as far as saying I'll never buy a sticker auto, I will say that I usually will avoid them. A few years ago, it didn't bother me as much. But these days, I realize if I'm going to spend a decent dime on a signature, I want it to be hard signed.

    I'd say the exceptions would be autographs for the teams and players I PC. If I find sticker autos for them, I'll grab them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one prefer to have on card autos because it adds that personal touch. It says that the player actually handled the card instead of just a sheet of stickers. It is like going to a ball park and giving the player the card or ball to sign.

    ReplyDelete