Wednesday, July 30, 2014

LeBron James Is Going Home...With Me!

Earlier this month LeBron James announced that he was going home to Cleveland to play for the Cavaliers. Yesterday, I went to my mail box and found out that he was actually coming home with me instead.

This was probably the biggest mail day I have ever had and now the best card that I own. I won a contest from Beckett Auction and scored this pretty sweet graded 2012-2013 Upper Deck Exquisite LeBron James autograph:

I was overly ecstatic to win such a card. I know a lot of fans, even collectors, lost respect for LeBron when he left Cleveland for Miami but I didn't. Honestly, I guarantee if any of us were put in a situation where we could win NBA titles with our friends, wouldn't we have jumped all over that? 

Before his career is done, I expect James to pull home at least another couple titles and maybe break a few more records.However, I don't compare him to Jordan at all. There will never be another Jordan as he was one of a kind. With that being said though, LeBron will make his place in NBA history and will be someone that future players might be compared to. He is also someone I now have an auto card of that will remain in my collection, just like his legacy that will be left in the NBA.

1 comment:

  1. I GOT AN AUTOGRAPH FROM HIM AT THE LOCAL ACME SUPER MARKET ABOUT 6 YEARS AGO!

    ReplyDelete