Monday, July 21, 2014

Rashad Jennings....Best NY Giants Pickup?

So far in 2014, I have stocked up on a lot of football cards, specifically this rookie class. I have also stocked up on a lot of Score because it was the first NFL release. When going back through the base cards for sorting purposes, I stumbled upon this one headed for my Giants PC:

That got me to thinking....was Jennings the best and most important pickup this past off season for the Giants? I believe so.

Last season I had to suffer through watching probably the worst running attack I have ever seen from the Giants due to an inconsistent offensive line, running back injuries and it just not coming together. With that being said, the Giants shocked me going out this off-season grabbing a new offensive line and Jennings (among 20 other moves too) to try and go back to what they do best, run the ball down your throat and play good defense.When the season starts, I believe Jennings will be the starter with the questions surrounding David Wilson's health and the other running backs on the roster not having as much talent as Jennings.

Rashad was signed away from Oakland, who wanted to keep him, after one year with the team. He put up his best career season numbers yet rushing for 733 yards and 6 TD's. He also had a sweet 80 yard run that you need to Google to see. There are many things I like about the Giants picking him up, not just because he is a bulldozer of a running back with hidden speed or the fact that he will fit their system well, but I also like that he has a lot left in him. He was drafted in the 7th round of the 2009 NFL Draft by Jacksonville but doesn't have much wear and tear due to the fact he played behind MJD there before finally getting more attempts in Oakland last year. Even though he's been in the league for 6 years, the guy only has 387 attempts on his tires. Like I said, he has a lot left and hopefully many great years for the Giants.

I think being in NY on a team loves to run the ball, Jennings will prove himself with big numbers and I will be there watching every second of it. Not to mention, collecting him every second as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment