Saturday, November 15, 2014

WINNER Of Player Of The Day Contest Part 5! #Bortles

In a contest that came down to the final day to receive some entries, I got some good ones to vote on. It was a VERY, VERY TOUGH decision and one I wished I didn't have to make. But, there could be only ONE winner and I will announce them after the break.

So why don't I first show you what I had to vote on. Like I said, wasn't easy. I should have passed this onto someone else.


 NATE B
"For my entry I chose a legendary St Paul, MN institution to take my POD picture. It is a local diner called Mickey's Diner. This place never closes-open truly 24/365. It has been open since 1939. Truly a great place and some of the recipes are from pre-WW2.

Here is a link to some information about movies shot at Mickey's Diner http://www.iamnotastalker.com/2010/05/19/mickeys-diner-from-the-mighty-ducks/ Famous movies shot there include Mighty Ducks 1, 2, and 3 (!) A Prairie Home Companion, and Jingle All the Way. "



KYLE ROWLEY

TONY RAGSDALE

"Panini gets schooled."

Mark DeBarge

And let's give it a tiny bit longer before I announce the winner and just announce the prizes first.....




OTHER PRIZES IN THIS LOT INCLUDE PRIZES THAT WENT UNCLAIMED THIS YEAR INCLUDING UNOPENED POD PACKS!
 
Okay, okay. I have made you wait long enough. This was not easy and I will state this a million times. But, the one that caught my eye the most by a SLIGHT EDGE was Nate B.  Taking a photo where many big time films were shot is pretty cool and creative. Great place to show off the Player Of The Day logo!

 So, Nate, you are the WINNER! Please email me at sportcardcollectors@hotmail.com with your address. Thank you everyone who entered! I appreciate the turnout!

Remember I currently have another Player Of The Day contest going on right now that ends tomorrow for you to enter. One more after that and it will be over again for another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment