Sunday, January 4, 2015

GOUDEY GOUDEY! A Pay-It-Foward Mail Day!

When getting the mail one day, I received a stack of packages. All but one I knew was coming. I looked at the name of the shipper and quickly recognized it as my friend over at 90's Niche Football Card Blog and I couldn't figure out what in the world he would be mailing me. 

Like most people who get a package in the mail, I couldn't wait to open it and did so in the car. So here is what I found along with a note that Nate B off from Twitter had paid forward his prize to me. SWEET! Now I knew what was in there!    


In this box contained a 1996-1997 Fleer Goudey Football card set. The set consisted of 150 cards and were all minis. The design was very rustic and had a rough feel to the base cards. If you would like further detail about the set, here is an article from 90's Niche Football Card Blog all about them.

Now onto the gallery. I couldn't show you all 150 cards, it was very tempting but would have taken hours to accomplish, but here are some of my favorites.  

First off, one of my favorite running backs to watch in the 90's and the picture is in old Bronco uniform. It was too bad the injuries kept piling up or this guy could have given Barry Sanders a run for his records.

Here is the back of the Davis card. Very throwback.


The once known Tennessee team known as the Oilers.

WOW THIS IS BRIGHT!

I am running, now give me that dang ball!




I forgot how horrible looking the old Buccaneer uniforms used to look.


Still one of my favorite Giants. I grew up watching him and he was a great running back who lacked respect.

And a throwback set isn't a throwback set without some retro players involved. These are the only two in the set and are the final two cards in the set.
A big thanks goes out to Nate again for paying forward this set to me. It makes a great addition to my 90's collection and will soon be moved into a binder for better displaying!

No comments:

Post a Comment