Saturday, February 7, 2015

Breakin Wax:1995 Sportflix Football 4-Pack Break

Sportflix...an innovation that had been around since the 80's. One that companies continued to improve upon year after year and one of my favorite releases that came out was 1995 Sportflix football. I was fortunate enough to had bought a lot pack that came with three packs of it. Let's check out to see how I did.

In every pack of 1995 Sportflix football were 5 cards. Four of those cards were base, unless there was an insert thrown in, and one would be a rookie. You can roughly find packs for $1.50 now.

If you don't know anything about Sportflix, they were cards that you could with the tip of the card make one scene on the card change to another. I put this Reggie White card at the right angle where you can see both scenes.

The back of these cards look nice as well.

Game Winners subset. Was a bit surprised they stuck Dave Brown in it. The only memories I have of him is how many games the Giants loss under his QBing.

And the rookies. They are very bright and bold. They are also offset from the base cards as they don't move. the color in the background does very slightly.
Overall, nothing that truly stands out. I did pick up some PC cards in the rookies and Dave Brown. I was really hoping to pull a Man2Man insert. They look really cool and are my favorite designed insert from the product. If you don't know what they look like, I don't have an image in front of me, but just check out eBay and search for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment