So I thought it would be fun to do a BATTLE OF THE....... CAAAAAAAAARDS (picture a deep voice and drawn out ending). If any of you watch SportsCenter, you would know they have a segment called the Best Of The Best where they pin two of the best plays against one another. One play may have been from previous days in a row against a new one. The goal is to narrow down the best. Well, I want to do a Best Of The Best card version but mine is called This vs That.
Here is how this is going to work.
- I will put a post up such as this one and you will have one week to vote on one card or the other by telling me in comments which one you like more.
- There will be one card from the 90's, one card from the 2000's.
- There will be a variety of sports versing one another. This contest isn't to pin sport vs sport.
- Voting is based upon the OVERALL card and looking at things such as design, creativity, photography and eye appeal. Don't judge a card because it's an autograph or jersey card vs a base card. This "contest" is to see which card is OVERALL better and not just because it's signed or has someone's memorabilia. Same goes for the inserts vs the base. I will try my best to make them the fairest I see possible.
- After a week of voting, the card with the most votes moves on to face another card.
- A card that loses cannot be brought back nor can its design.Example is if I use the 1993-1994 Stadium Club hockey card design, I cannot use the 1994 Stadium Club football card design later on as they are most likely the same thing. The designs on the cards must be different.
- I will keep a tally on which cards have won and how many times they have won at the top of the next weeks post.
Now let's move onto the very first This vs That!
1993-1994 Stadium Club First Day Issue
2014 Panini Contenders
Voting ends on March 21st, 2015.