Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I had a BREAKDOWN Over This Mail Day

The blogoshpere has a bunch of great and generous collectors and without argument the likes of Jaybarkerfan's blog and the featured blogger in today's post in Baseball Card Breakdown may be at the top of that list.

Yesterday, I received a surprise PWE mail day from Baseball Card Breakdown that contained many goodies.

First up, some Giants love. I still wished the Giants had given Jernigan more time. He showed in spots that he had potential. But, none-the-less, this goes in my mini PC of him.

Up next, my guy Rueben Randle. Another guy who could be on the cusp of his final season in a blue uniform. I still think the Giants need to give him time as well. He has had some big games in his career and I think he would make a great threat next season alongside Odell and a hopeful healthy Cruz. 

El Duque+shiny+Gold Label, complete winner here!

Now we are going into some unique items I know not everyone has. Custom cards. First up an ornament for my tree next year. Love the creativity and use of the card. This is more valuable to me than the plain Hoyt version.

Now onto something even more cool. Custom cards done by Baseball Card Breakdown. The guy does incredible work simply said. These customs he makes are something that the card companies should take note of. 

Up first, one of my all-time favorite Yankees, Tino Martinez. 



The backs of these are really sharp as well. All of these are limited print run to 1 as well so every piece is unique.

And to top off the mail day, my boy Griffey. Other than the magnets that he made, this is one of the other coolest items in my Griffey PC.....

Especially since I am mentioned on the back of the card.

If you would like to see more of these awesome customs, he posted them HERE on his blog.

I like the fact he is considering doing a blogger set. That would be sweet!


A big thanks goes out to Baseball Card Breakdown for this surprise mail day. Now that I have found your addy again, watch your mail box sometime again :)


P.S. BONUS!!!!

While I have your attention. I would like to mention that I have changed my mind again, yes, this happens often. I am going to keep Random Card On My Desk as a segment despite not being a big fan of them. But turnout for these posts was better than expected. This WILL NOT be a very often segment, but once in awhile. So the end of the Random Card On My Desk bonanza ended this morning. I know many of you will be relieved. Back to regular posts again tomorrow.


Also, if you haven't voted yet on a blog name for this blog, please do so. On the right of the home page. If you are using a mobile device, please use the web version to see the poll.

3 comments:

  1. Very Nice Cards Sir Well Deserved.... Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gavin is a cool dude. Glad he hooked you up with some of his cool customs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad the cards got delayed in the mail and didn't arrive until after Christmas, but I'm glad they eventually showed up and you're happy with them!

    ReplyDelete