Sunday, January 3, 2016

Topps Football HOFer Rookie Card Mail Day!

I was recently looking at my want list and compared it to eBay listings for each item. Out of all of the Most Wanted items, the one that stood out the one I felt was a must need was a 1984 Dan Marino rookie card.

I have been waiting to purchase one in hopes that I could trade for one since that is how I got my Elway, but that didn't feel like it was going to happen, so I hit eBay. I was also hoping to land one on an auction deal, but every time I tried, it went more than I was willing to pay. What can I say, I am cheap.

So for the first time in my life, I actually paid $20 for a card. Yes, I am very frugal with how I spend my eBay money. I would rather buy a few lots for the $20 instead of buying one single card. But, this time, I closed my eyes and bought it.

Glad I did.


Other than a little bit of centering, and I mean a little, this card is flawless. A great investment to me. Glad I got myself to bypass my own stinginess.

How many of you suffer from my frugalness about picking up one card over a multitude?

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on picking up a Marino rookie. The past few years... I've been a guy who embraces dime box philosophy. However... in 2016, I'm going to target some higher priced singles for my PC.

    ReplyDelete