Wednesday, March 23, 2016

March Madness Card Company Finale

The March Madness Card Company Finals were a back and forth battle that had forced a tie and went into overtime that ran for 12-hours yesterday.

What happened in those 12 hours, well, a back and forth battle that eventually ended in yet another tie.

Here is how I am going to end it, I know I said I didn't want a tie, but I feel the fans have left me no choice with a downed amount of votes yesterday and the ending the same.

In the first annual March Madness Card Company Finals, we will end in a tie.

Panini America and Topps will share a championship this year. Unless you guys want to try one more day of voting? If so, leave your plead in comments below.

To recap this years,  I was a bit surprised how Topps almost didn't make it this far with a barely defeat in the first round to Upper Deck and then almost losing to SA-GE. I was also shocked how fast Leaf exited and how far SA-GE made it. Cryptozoic made some noise along the way and almost came back to beat Panini to be in the finals. It would have been interesting to see if they matched up with Topps instead of Panini whether Topps could have beaten them.

What will happen next year? Well, a lot of things may shift the voters with so many licensing changes ahead. Panini grabbing the NASCAR license and snatched the NFL one away that may hurt Topps. But, with so many baseball card enthusiasts and Topps fans, we could eventually look at another tie if they meet again. However, with other companies on the rise it will make things tighter.

I think what really matters is where the match-ups fall in a competition like this. That will play the biggest role and will be interesting to see next year how that goes.

Thanks to everyone who took a second out to vote. I am looking forward to doing this again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment