Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Uniform Versus:Florida/Miami Marlins

I have always had a soft spot for the Marlins. I don't know what it is about them. Maybe it's because I like newer franchises in sports or maybe it's having grown up in the 90's but whatever the reason, I find myself rooting them on in the National League. One of the greatest things I will always remember about the Marlins was their first World Series win over the Indians in 1997. I do however like to ignore their 2003 victory over my Yanks.

So today, I wanted to take a look at their uniform change that took place in the fall of 2011. Yes, they are no longer the Florida Marlins as they are now the Miami Marlins, but it's still the same franchise.

Here is the uniform they played with from 1993-2011. Not too shabby and the logo wasn't the worst...

 
I will have to say the Miami change brought the uniform more to life in my opinion. The logo is a huge upgrade and full of color. The black, red-orange, yellow, blue, white combo of their uniforms stand out much more than the black, white, and teal. I believe when these first hit the market for customers to buy, they were a huge hit.
Comparing the two cards I posted, I think the new uni's look a bit nicer on cardboard. But, since I had a soft spot already for the Marlins, the change doesn't affect my collecting too much. I do think the Miami colors make better jersey/patch cards but I am fine either way in terms of chasing relics.

So what do you guys think? Upgrade? Downgrade? Or are you fine with either uniform?

No comments:

Post a Comment