Wednesday, March 30, 2016

WELLS, Here Is A Game Used Locker Room Nameplate

I am months behind on posting what I got with my $100 Steiner Sports gift card from the Cleveland Brown's QB promo. If you don't know what that was about, you can find that info on my blog, HERE.

One of the things I wanted to make sure to get was something game used. Something from the Yankees and something from a player I knew, while also not overspending on it so I could get the main item I wanted, which I will post about tomorrow.

At first I really wanted a game used ball since I don't own one. But, decided I would wait. Second, I looked at some game used equipment like gloves, it was a bit steep and I wanted to get more than one item with my gift card so I had to turn it away. So being frugal I continued to search the site until I stumbled upon something that not only fit within the budget, but also was game used and by a player I knew.

And that's how I ended up with this sweet Vernon Wells game used Locker Room name plate. It's going to look great in the man cave.

 
 
Wells was best known for his years in Toronto as an All-Star Gold Glover and not his one in NY where he put up minimal numbers and only hit 11 home runs before calling it a career at the end of the 2013 season. Despite his lack of production and impact, as most of us NY fans say, once a Yankee, always a Yankee no matter what. (not unless they play for the Red Sox afterwards then they are dead to me JK)
 
What do you guys think of this new addition? Do you own one of these? Any big Vernon Wells fans thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. That is pretty unique, if I came across a locker room name plate of a player I collect I would definitely be interested in picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have several locker name plates in my collection. Several years back I purchased one off of eBay and the seller messaged me and told me he had several Pirates. Most were second tier guys but the price was right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something unique like that is a sweet addition to a collection. I would just on one if I could nab it for a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cool. At first I assumed it was David Wells and was very impressed. But Vernon is nothing to sneeze at either! Nice pickup. I wouldn't mind getting something like this someday.

    ReplyDelete