Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Heartbreaking Cards Of Staggering Genius Contest Mail Day!

Like I have been stating for awhile now, I have been looking to add more blogs to my blogroll to check out and read. One of those recent add-ons was Heartbreaking Cards Of Staggering Genius.

So I have been going back through his blog and checking out his new and old content. Some pretty good reads within and I am pretty stoked with my new blog read find.

Recently, he hosted a birthday contest where you had to tell him the greatest card gift you ever received. I went back in time to my father and I busting packs in the car on my birthday. The kick off to my collecting so gotta say that was the greatest gift. Click on the link above to read others responses.

A couple days later, I was randomly selected as a winner and the excitement built for the mail day as I was anticipating some pretty sweet cards.

Up first, he threw in some bonus vintage in the already nice lot of cards. I don't own much vintage, roughly a handful, so any vintage is a nice addition to my collection. A nice mixture of years, players and some Yanks!



 
Really liked this '54 Bowman and it also marks my second oldest card I own.(I had to ask for assistance on this card and the next as I didn't know what they were not having much background in vintage. Thanks again Project Pedro Blog)

 
And I thought this was the coolest thing ever! A 1965 Topps Embossed David Segui. I had no idea they used foil back then. Like I said, a vintage newbie.

 
Up next, the original lot up for grabs.
 
Gaylord Perry. Still one of the coolest names in baseball.

 
Yankees signature add and one I didn't have, Steve Balboni.

 
Rollie!

 
Awesome Cano swatch with Yankee pinstripe. I have always liked and still like Cano.

 
And finally, an awesome Manu Leather Nameplate relic of the real home run king, Hank Aaron. I have never seen one of these and being a collector of unique relics this is a pretty cool add.
 
 
A big thanks goes out to Matt over at Heartbreaking Cards. If you haven't checked him out yet, please do so. Great blog and reads. And if you guys have anymore suggestions on a good blog to read that I don't have on my list, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked them and I'm happy the vintage found a good home. Not sure if you noticed but the Dave Wickersham is a buyback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. I meant to make note of that. Still cool to me!

      Delete