Sunday, May 8, 2016

MONSTER TRADE COUNTDOWN CARDS # 3

Number 3, is actually number 3 out of 6. One thing I love to collect in the hobby is unique pieces that you can't find everyday. You know, the typical jersey or two-color swatch or patch card. Something that is a button above the rest.

When I started working out this monster trade with Project Pedro Blog, I had remembered awhile ago him showing me a sweet button card. Now, it's a Red Sox player and I had to move past that, but it didn't take much. I had a need for a card with a button and he was able to fill that PC need. So here it is,...

Immaculate Collection (my first card from that set) rookie button card of Red Sox pitcher Matt Barnes.
 
Barnes was promoted Major Leagues for the first time back in Sept of 2014. He is currently a relief pitcher who is 1-1 on the year with a 2.92 ERA. He has pitched much better in 2016 compared to his previous years where is ERA is almost 5.
 
I really like this addition as I never saw myself ever pulling one of these or affording to pick one up. I do wished I could have captured the shine of the foil on the card because it's pretty sleek all around.
 
With today's card, I gotta ask, how many of you see a card you want that's within reach but it's a player from your teams biggest rival actually pick it up? Or do you ignore it and try to get one from your team?

We are finally down to the Top 2 cards tomorrow and as you can tell by number three, it's going to be epic.

1 comment: