Saturday, July 16, 2016

Uniform Versus:NY Jets

The Jets, the other New York team as us Giants fans call them, are today's featured Versus team. For me, this is an easy choice. But, for you guys or you Jets fans, it may not be.

When it comes to their nickname, Gang Green, I think these uniforms which to me is the definition of Jets and Green. The color scheme and even the helmet with the word Jets with an actual Jet embedded in it says NY Jets to me. It especially said it with their home uniforms with the straight green jerseys and the white pants with green stripes down the side. These uniforms and helmets were ran from 1990-1997 before they

 
switched to these in 1998. Which to me doesn't say Gang Green in any way. Yeah, they are tributes to the helmets of the 60's and 70's but doesn't do the team enough justice. Too much white to me.
 
When it comes to cardboard however, I feel they both look okay on cardboard. But, I also don't really collect the Jets either.

What do you guys think? Which Jets uniform do you choose? Is there one not featured today you prefer instead? Thoughts in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment