I must note also, this is the final release of The Walking Dead cards from Cryptozoic as Topps snuck the license away to produce the cards going forward. So that will be interesting.
Now onto the break/review.
In every box of 2016 Cryptozoic The Walking Dead Season 4 Part 2, you get 24 packs with 5 cards per pack. There should be one wardrobe and one on-card autograph per box and boxes run around $90. I must also note, this price may seem high but after the Season 4 Part 1 release, those box prices jumped up to almost $150 from some places. I am not sure why, but I say jump on this price early if you can do so.
The base set design is a nice one with full color photography that captures even more images from season 4 and should sum up the rest of the set from Part 1 of the product.
There are 72 cards in a base set and you should complete that set in one box.
Now onto the inserts. This was a bit odd for a Cryptozoic product, I didn't complete my insert sets. There was 1 card missing in each set. Usually, boxes come with full base and insert sets so this was a bit disappointing to me.
Characters fall 1:3 packs. These are the next 9 in the set.
Posters fall 1:6 packs. I love the look of these as it captures the epic detail and excitement from the show.
And they have puzzle cards as well, for some reason my computer decided not to upload it. But, I was missing a piece or two from it so I guess there wasn't the full fun shot to show.
Something that Part 1 didn't have but Part 2 does, is parallel cards. There is Black Foil Stamp that falls 1:5 packs, Silver Foil Stamp like the one below that falls 1:55 packs, Gold Foil Stamp also below and numbered to 25 below that falls at 1:218 packs and of course Printing Plates that fall 1:754 packs.
Now onto my hits.
Once again, I was a bit surprised by my hits. It is usually one wardrobe or prop card per box, but what ends up happening in my previous history of busting Cryptozoic products is that if you pull a prop you still get a wardrobe. But not in this box.
However, the autographs are still on-card. Not something I am sure Topps can match. But, maybe.
And my other pull, REALLY COOL BY THE WAY, a wine bottle prop card! Which I would still rather pull than a wardrobe card.
You can also find Sketch cards that fall 1:700 packs.
Overall, I felt this box was a bit downed compared to my Part 1 break. You still get the base set, but not being able to complete the insert sets was a bit saddening and takes some of the value away. And I guess my expectation of a third hit in the box was lingering as well just knowing my past history of breaking their products.
But, other than that, the cards look really nice, the props they used for the prop cards are outstanding, the wardrobe cards are cool with muli-color pieces, and on-card autographs.
So if you are a fan of The Walking Dead, I still say go pick yourself up a box and sink your teeth into some packs. It won't hurt and you never know what you will find.
Okay, now time for the giveaway!
There could be up to 3 winners in this contest depending on how far we can get the entries up so please make sure to spread the word.
10 entries=Base inserts
15 entries=Numbered inserts and base inserts (2 winners)
25 entries=Autograph, numbered inserts and base inserts (3 winners)
- MUST be a U.S. resident to enter. Shipping costs have gone haywire and I can't afford to ship everywhere. Sorry about this as I appreciate all readers.
- Cards will be shipped PWE
- Random winners will be chosen after 7 randoms
- LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW TELLING ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE PRODUCT. Do you like it? What would you fix about it? What's your favorite part?
- Sport Card Collectors or it's owner (person who runs the blog), WILL NOT be held responsible for lost, stolen or damaged mail. Sorry had to add this in since someone tried to scam me once about this.
- Contest starts today, ends on August 26 2016. Winners will be announced in a separate post on August 27th 2016.
- Earn extra entries by sharing this on your blogs or RTing it on Twitter. Make sure to comment with your links of doing so or I cannot count it.
- Please make sure to thank Cryptozoic for their generosity in sending this box to review and host a giveaway. Give them a follow on all social media sites please. Also while you are at it, check out their website HERE as well for your non-sport trading card needs!