Thursday, January 12, 2017

HOBBY TOPIC:What's A Reasonable Break?

Here is how Hobby Topic works if you don't remember (you gotta keep this in mind as the return of Hobby Topic makes it way back)

Leave a comment or thought below on the following.

Today's Topic is
What's A Reasonable Break?


What in your opinion is a reasonable break? What cost? What expected value? How many hits? I want you to look at this as a whole picture with hobby and retail boxes and packs.

Please make sure it's clean for our younger audience.

2 comments:

  1. I'm need to get a lot of cards for my money. Back in the mid 2000s I did boxes of Exquisite collection...$500 for five cards...Did not leave me happy and part of why I left the NBA from 2006-12. My favorite box to do is the flagships, like Hoops or when they had the license, upper deck and Topps. Don't really care if I get hits or not as long as I get a lot of base cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me, a reasonable break cost takes into account the potential for hits for the particular team I am buying. There are too many breakers who price all teams the same. This hardly seems fair to fans of teams like the Brewers (me), the Twins, the Rays, the Marlins, etc., as opposed to the Cubs, Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers.

    Otherwise, the cost for the break should allow for some profit for the breaker, obviously, without gouging people. We know what the case costs, so make the cost appropriate to that.

    As to your other questions on expected value and hits, well, that really is a function of the product being broken. I'm a collector -- not a reseller -- so I'm not into expected value. Sure, I'd love hits to come my way, but so long as I'm getting a fair value for the price, I'm good.

    Finally, I do not understand breaks that do not include sending the base cards along with hits. Of course, that's because I'm a collector.

    ReplyDelete