Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Wrappers Of Collecting Past: 2001 Upper Deck Legends Of New York

For some reason over the years, I found myself hoarding empty card wrappers. At first it was to use for crafts (I put them in my binders for decoration), but now I simply think I collect them. Some may have memories attached, some may not. Either way, I thought it would be fun to post em to take you and myself back in this new segment.

I will leave some kind of comment for each. Some may be more than others if there is an attached memory. So I hope you enjoy this trip back in time and this new segment.

Today's pack, 2001 Upper Deck Legends Of New York.



I never actually opened any of this product surprisingly. I did pick up a box of full of singles off a yard sale that came with the wrapper. The cards are focused on legends of New York, no surprise there, and the team names and logos on the card are outlined in felt. That part is cool.

How about you, got an fond memories of this product?

6 comments:

  1. I opened a box of the product, it was a fun set for New York fans. I got it for my birthday because my mom saw it at Costco and saw that it had the Yankees and Dodgers logos on it. My dad grew up in the Bronx and is a lifelong Yankees fan and my mom grew up in Queens and used to go to Dodgers games with her dad when she was a kid.

    A couple of years ago I saw an idiot selling some of the Babe Ruth cards from the set for high dollar claiming the blue felt was from a game-used Ruth hat. I didn't follow up but I really hope nobody bought anything from him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man. I hope nobody bought those as that. Far from anything game used from Babe

      Delete
  2. I save the empty packs as well...All of them, even when I have 20 or more. Began doing that around 2000 and wish I had done it sooner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I am not alone. I think it's a pretty cool side hobby and fun to go back through them. I thought I would share that on here now

      Delete
  3. Cool idea for posts! I used to save pack wrappers, but I don't anymore. Seeing this, I'm wishing I still had them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only collect wax pack wrappers. I don't find the newer ones to be collectible.

    ReplyDelete