Friday, April 7, 2017

Collectin' Jeets:1999 Topps Chrome Early Road To The Hall

There was nothing more exciting in the 90's than when you landed one of your PC players in insert form in a pack.
 
That's exactly how I landed today's Collectin' Jeets card. I pulled it from a box of 1999 Topps Chrome Series 1 that also included a Griffey Jr Lords Of The Diamond refractor.
 
This Jeter is not the toughest of pulls, but 1:12 meant more back then. I mean only two of these per box so you could pull other players but I was lucky enough to land him.
 
The refractor versions of these are nuts. They are 1:944 packs and are only limited to 100 each. I don't expect to ever add that to my Jeter PC. But, I am happy with this version. Pretty nice design as well.

Thoughts on today's Jeter card are welcomed in comments.

4 comments:

  1. I love that card! I've had mine since 1999 too. Any chance you pulled refractors of either Knoblauch or Brosius from the WS subset out of that series one box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check my Yankees binders. I honestly don't Remember. I should have time this weekend

      Delete
  2. That Jeter is a beautiful card from a set that I had not heard of before. Thanks for sharing. I miss 1990s inserts so much. It is always great to see fellow collectors discussing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss 90's collecting in general especially the inserts. Was such a great era to collect in

      Delete