Friday, May 19, 2017

Another Griffey Jr Centerpiece

It's been a few months, but @Jake1725 and I just pulled off another big trade. This time the centerpiece was worked around a card we almost pulled off the last time which was delayed from someone else wanting to trade for it. Well, they never pulled off the deal so their loss is my gain. Stay tuned at the bottom for that beauty.

If you don't know @Jake1725 he runs the A Very Simple Idea blog which focuses on his main project of collecting the Topps/Bowman Inception autograph sets. Go check him out if you haven't done so yet.

Our trade focused around helping him acquire more cards for his project and for me, adding more cards to my PC.
 
Up first, here are some freebies he tossed into the trade. Oversized Donruss '84 baseball cards.

 
Including a new Pops I didn't have. He looks pretty good in pinstripes. I always wished Jr had gone that route to. Would have gotten him a ring he so deserved.

 
Cool oversized Finest cards I haven't seen before. One of Gwynn and one of Larry Walker.

 
Speaking of oversized cards that are cool, here is one of Jr I didn't have. I always liked the photo on this one.

 
A Ginter Fielder relic. I dig these mini relics.

 
Luis Ortiz auto rookie

 
Christian Vazquez auto. I have found this one a new home already in a big trade I am still working on.

 
I have always seen Post Cereal cards, but not ones that are unfolded and look like this. Awesome. Also a new Jr.

 
Don't Judge me for wanting some Judge. This is a foil parallel. I am sure this card like all of his others is on fire.

 
And we have finally reached our destination, the centerpiece of this trade. There's not much to say other than just drooling over it. Also check out the numbering. Seems like someone wore 24 once...
 
 
This makes Griffey auto card number three in my PC. I know that's not much compared to some, but it's all I can do for now.
 
A big thanks goes out to @Jake1725 for the trade and for considering me next in line for the Griffey auto. I am so thankful that we were able to work out a trade in the best of both of our interests. This card has found it's final home and I look forward to our next trade.

If you are not following him or have not checked him out yet for helping him with his project, please do so. He is overall a really good guy as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment