Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Card I Have Wanted For 4 Years

My buddy @JGfan24ever struck again with set help and a surprise!

I knew he was sending some help for my 2014 Flair Football chase , but what I didn't know was about the extra card he tossed in.

Up first, my Flair set needs. I have officially completed the Row 2 set-thanks to him- and now have narrowed down the search for Row 1 even more thanks to @JGfan24ever.

With 11 more down, I am currently just 3 away from having the Row 1 set as well! I am quite impressed.  I am quite excited as I haven't completed a full set of anything newer in years as most of my set focus has been on the past which I will put a post about on a later date.

However, this Flair set brings back the past and present so this is my main new set chase right now.
And finally the card I have sought after for 4 years. I know it's a bit silly and most would laugh at me for wanting it, but it's a unique one of a kind card.
Introducing the 2013 Score Leon Sandcastle rookie card done in the glorious 1989 Score design:
If you don't remember anything about this card or the player, leading up to the 2013 NFL Draft, NFL Network's and former NFL Player Deion Sanders made some promo's starting in the commercials for Super Bowl XLVII featuring the fastest and most impressive player of that NFL Draft, Leon Sandcastle. They made it appear as if Sandcastle would be the Chiefs #1 pick that year because "Leon doesn't jump, Leon flies". 
Nobody in that draft could do what Leon could. Actually, taking a look back at that draft now, Leon would have been the obvious number 1 pick because of that poor year.
The promo's were so popular, that Panini decided to make a card of him in the 2013 Prestige (I want this version too) and the 2013 Score products. There were autograph versions as well. I am not sure how tough any of these cards were to pull, but I busted plenty of Score and Prestige and never saw a single one.

You can see this card crossed off my want list and the Prestige one still on there and the rest of my complete want list of cards and toys HERE.

A big thanks goes out to @JGfan24ever for the set help and for the Sandcastle. Please give him a Twitter follow if you haven't yet, great guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment