Saturday, October 21, 2017

Collecting Hampton

I found out recently that I was a bonus winner in Collecting Cutch's 200th Home Run for Cutch contest. The prize was going to be some Rodney Hampton needs off of my want list you can find, HERE.

It was only the second time this year I was able to knock some off from that list due to finances. So I was pretty stoked.

I was even more stoked when the mail day arrived as Cutch's selections from my want list were perfect.

Up first, a couple 1997 Pinnacle Certified needs with this Mirror Red


And Certified Red parallels.


The next needs were from 1995 Excalibur which I have a ton of needs from.

Sword And Stone Brozne


22K Silver Prism.


The silvers are numbered to 750. Which doesn't mean diddly today but back then was a lot.

Next up another needed parallel, 22K Prism Gold Both of these cards look so good in person.


The gold is much, much tougher with being numbered to 250.


Crown Royale looked so much better in the 90's than it does today. This is a gold foil parallel. So shiny! I am still missing a few of these as well.


Speaking of shiny, this 1996 Playoff Illusions parallel is downright trippy!


I always enjoyed this Select design and remember busting many packs. However, I was never fortunate enough to pull an Artist Proof so this is a first on two levels for me.


Acetate plus bold design, that's what Pacific Invincible brought to the table. Pacific really put out some good creative stuff. Wished they were still around. This is a blue parallel. I still have others to chase.


1994 UD Collector's Choice Crash The Game Gold winner card. Still lacking a few of these as well.


One of my favorite designed base products in the late 90's 1996 Playoff Trophy Contenders. This was the Playoff Zone insert.


And my final card, which turned out to be a double because a lot of people don't list these correctly, is this 1996 Playoff Contenders Leather. I am okay with this being a double as I was a big fan of cards printed on everything but cardboard. This is actually my third one of these because I bought another one myself that was listed wrong as well.


The one I am looking and missing falls 1:200+ packs and has the words, Accents printed on the back which I think is a lazy parallel.
 
A HUGE thanks goes out to Collecting Cutch for this amazing mail day. If you haven't checked out his BLOG and his amazing collection of Cutch's, you are missing out. Seriously. Also another thing you are missing out on are his Breast Cancer Awareness posts for October which features....well...you will have to check them out.
If any of you are looking to trade or just wanna mail me a gift, checking out my Rodney Hampton needs is one place to look. Once again, you can locate that, HERE. I always have this up to date just like the rest of my want lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment