Friday, October 20, 2017

My First Bellinger

Back when 2017 Bowman Platinum first released, I really wanted my first rookie card of Dodgers Outfielder Cody Bellinger. I collect at least one rookie card of every player but I just couldn't find any Platinum anywhere. I also looked for trading partners including my father willing to give him up and most wouldn't without asking for an arm and a leg and possibly some innards as well.

I know he is a hot rookie at that time, but no way I was going to give up the world to get him. Especially since he plays on a team I don't care much about.

So I saw a contest for a Bowman Platinum rookie from PalmStateSportsCards on Twitter and I jumped on it. There wasn't much requirement for entering other than commenting on their very interesting blog posts so I commented away and seemed to have been the only one who did. Their blog posts are written by a buddy of mine who writes Inception Baseball:A Very Simple Idea blog which made them intriguing to me.

A week later, I found out I was a winner winner chicken dinner and this arrived a few days later....
 
A big thanks goes out PalmStateSportsCards for the mail day and I apologize big time for the much, much long delay on this thank you. I do really appreciate this card!

No comments:

Post a Comment