Sunday, October 15, 2017

Review:2017 Bowman Chrome Baseball

All I need to see is the word chrome and I will come running.

But, when it has chrome to the Bowman power, it makes me run a bit faster.

Combining the power of chrome and the Bowman baseball is a beautiful thing. Not only do we get to see our favorite rookies in chrome action, but we get to search for their many parallels and autographs within the product. Prospectors dream!

This is one of my many breaks over the years of Bowman Chrome. Let's see how 2017 went.


Every Hobby Box of 2017 Bowman Chrome has 2 mini boxes. Each mini box come with 6 packs and one autograph. Each hobby box comes with Two Autographs, One Prospect Shimmer Parallel Card, and Two 2016 Arizona Fall League Fall Stars Chrome Insert Cards. Boxes are currently running $105. Not to bad in my opinion.

The base set is built up of veterans and rookies. There are only 100 cards in the base set with not a ton of rookie but the normal group of, Cody Bellinger, Aaron Judge, Yoan Moncada, Andrew Benintendi, Alex Bregman, Yulieski Gurriel, Alex Reyes, Jharel Cotton, David Dahl, Ryon Healy, Carson Fulmer, Jordan Montgomery, Manny Margot, Josh Bell, Tyler Glasnow, Dansby Swanson, Hunter Renfroe, and Amir Garrett.
 
My box only had 6 total rookies with the best being Alex Bregman.



 
Speaking of the rookie cards, there are also photo variations. Luckily for us chasers of these 1:119 variations, we can tell them apart once again by the digits on the back. Base cards end in 927.The SSP variations end in 953.

To go along with a 100 card base set, there are also 100 prospect cards to chase. Like I said, this is for the prospector!

 
As I mentioned above, parallel chase is part of the chrome fun. Both prospects and base cards have them.

Base have the following refractor parallels, Refractor /499, Purple /250, Blue /150, Green /99, Gold /50, Orange #/25, Red /5 and SuperFractor 1/1.

Prospects have the following refractor parallels, Refractor /499, Bowman 70th Logo Blue, Purple Shimmer, Purple /250, Blue /150, Blue Shimmer /150, Green /99, Green Shimmer /99, Gold /50, Gold Shimmer /50, Orange /25, Orange Shimmer /25, Red /5, Black Shimmer 1/1 and SuperFractor 1/1.
 
I like how the refractors are numbered including the regular refractors like this one that falls 1:18 packs,

 
Purple refractors I found one in each mini box. These fall 1:36 packs.

 
And my shimmer refractor for the box was this tough-to-pull orange shimmer /25. These fall 1:356 packs.

 
Just like refractors, the inserts in the product shine as well. These were my promised 2016 Arizona Fall League Fall Stars inserts. Bellinger was a nice find. There are parallels of Orange Refractor /25 and SuperFractor 1/1 for these.

 
My Bowman Scout 100 pulls that also have Orange Refractor /25 and SuperFractor 1/1 parallels.

 
Now onto my autograph finds.

My first was of Mariner Braden Bishop.

 
My second one has a family name, Torii Hunter Jr.
 
 
The autographs have the following parallels, Refractor 499, Purple /250, Blue /150, Blue Mojo /150, Green /99, Gold /50, Gold Shimmer /50, Orange /25, Orange Wave /25, Red /5, Black Limited Edition 1/1 , and SuperFractor 1/1.
 
Hits not found in my box include, Chrome Rookie Autographs Set Checklist, Chrome Autograph Relics, 2016 AFL Fall Stars Autographs ,2016 AFL Fall Stars Relics, 2016 AFL Fall Stars Autograph Relics, All-America Game Autographs ,Bowman Scouts’ Updates Autographs, Chrome Sensation Autographs, Prime Chrome Inscription , Refractors that Never Were , Refractors that Never Were Autographs

OVERALL: I love chrome and will always pick up chrome when I can. Especially since I didn't get a Judge in this break at all. This box may not have had the biggest stars in the game for autograph hits, but they could be some day. That's truly what anything Bowman is about. Whoever thought Aaron Judge would be Aaron Judge this year. Very few I am guessing. So who knows if there is a future Aaron Judge hiding in this box or in any boxes of this product. That's the fun aspect of Bowman Chrome.

Another fun aspect is the Refractors That Never Were and Refractors That Never Were autographs as it brings some veteran and legend presence to this usual prospect heavy product.

Please make sure to take a minute out to thank Topps for providing this box for me to review as they help provide prizes for me to giveaway in the MLB Pick Em Promotion! Follow Topps on all social media sites and visit their SITE, as well

No comments:

Post a Comment