Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Beckett Era Ends

For over 20 years I have been a loyal Beckett subscriber, but this year, that will come to an end.


There are many reasons for my decision.
  1. A lot of the same information in the magazine I can find myself online.
  2. It feels as if nobody uses the price guides anymore. Everyone I trade with doesn't use Beckett for trading values and that's what I would find most handy.
  3. The magazine has gotten ridiculous expensive. What used to be $24.99 is pushing $40 a year now. That's too much for me.
  4. It's not just the price that has changed, the magazine has as well. It's not the fun one I once read in the 90's where they had Readers Write, Big Pulls from collectors and felt like it was more of a community based.
  5. The ads in Beckett where I used to look for local card shows are un-useful now as I have no shows to attend and no LCS' to see in there either.
It's a sad ordeal in some ways for me as Beckett has always been apart of my collecting. But, as the times change, I guess it's time for me to make some changes as well even though I am still very old fashion in my collecting styles.

How many of you still subscribe or use Beckett in any way? Let me know what you use and how you use it in comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment