Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Hobby Resolutions 2018

It's that time of year again, time to make New Years resolutions. I try not to make them for my personal life as I have never once stuck to them. You know the "I will be a better person this year." "I will try to avoid eating donuts" "I will at least lose 10 pounds this year" When honestly, most of these are things we should be doing already every day and not things we set for the beginning of the year only to fail a few weeks later.

However, a Hobby Resolution is much different. It's more of a goal and one that I have stuck to pretty well.

Before I move onto my 2018 picks, let's take a look back on how I did in 2017.
  • Finish my Seasons 5-8 Psych Autograph set. This one was accomplished by August. It's one of my greatest hobby accomplishments to date. It NEVER would have happened without the help of my buddy 90's Niche Football Card Blog.
You can view it here,

Psych Week Day 5: THE COMPLETION!

  • Add more cards to my Griffey collection, at least 100. I did at least 100 thanks to trades with friends.
My favorite Griffey add this year was this card I got from a trade with my father
  • Add more cards to my Hampton collection, at least 50. This one is the same thing as Griffey. Thanks to some trades I definitely accomplished this! 
  • Continue posting once a day on here with some new ideas mixed in Well, this one didn't go as plan as new ideas weren't apart of my daily posting but hopefully it's something in 2018 I can work on 
  • Get my HUGE box sorting project complete. This was finally accomplished in 2017 after a year and a half of working on it.
  • Sort my binders or start to. I didn't start tearing them apart, but I have an attack strategy I planned in 2018. So let's give this a 25/75 grade of accomplishment. 
  • Highlight and complete my Griffey checklist And that's gotta be it. That alone is a lot to tackle and I hope I can stick to it. I caught up highlighting my Griffey checklist, I just haven't had the chance to transfer my highlighted paper version to the computer.
Looking at my 2017, it appears I did pretty well sticking to them. So I am gonna set a bit more lofty goal for 2018.
  1. Add 3 autographs to my Ghostbusters set (this shouldn't be too bad since some are still $20 and under right now.)
  2. Add 2 autographs to my Psych autograph seasons 1-4 set (this won't be cheap and I may need help from the hobby fam to do it)
  3. Add 2 wardrobe relics to my Psych set (most of these should be $20 and under)
  4. Finish off most of the insert sets in my Psych collection (these are mostly cheap except the acetate ones I need)
  5. Add 1 set from my 1990's Spx needs (this will be tough to tackle as most completed sets are $20 and up)
  6. Finish up my 1996 Spx baseball set (half way there, with help from others, I can do this I believe)
  7. Add 100 more new Griffey Jr's (I am more than certain I can do this in a year especially in trades)
  8. Add 50 more new Rodney Hamptons (might get more challenging with more and more of the cheaper ones being knocked down but 50 more shouldn't be too hard)
  9. Start my binder re-organization project (will be really time consuming but hopefully I can at least start it if not finish it)
  10. Post updates no my binder sorting project as I go along (not always the first thing I think of when doing such a project, but it would be fun to see some cards I haven't dug out in years)
  11. Put at least half of my Griffey want list onto the computer (this is more of an really, really extra time type of project)
  12. Improve the blog look, appeal, and articles (hence, yesterday's post)
This to me looks like a huge task that I will take one day at a time. That's the approach I take in life as well because you never actually know if there will be a tomorrow. As I said though, I can only do some of these projects with the help of others, you guys! And I know the hobby family is always there willing to help when you need it and I hope they know I am in return as well.

What are some of your hobby resolutions for 2018?

No comments:

Post a Comment