Thursday, January 18, 2018

Thank You Brett Favre


Growing up in the 90's I witnessed some incredible quarterbacks play in the NFL. Sadly none of them played for the Giants. I feel sorry for those who missed out on guys like Dan Marino, Steve Young, Warren Moon, Randall Cunnigham, Mark Brunell, Troy Aikman, and the guy we are talking about today, Brett Favre.

90's football basically was about three teams. The 49ers, the Cowboys and the Packers. Those three teams always battled for position in the Super Bowl and always destroyed my Giants when they played them. Out of those three teams I always wanted to see the Packers win the most as I didn't like some of the 49er players and the Cowboys were a division rival.

There was also 90's football being played in my backyard and I only ever played two positions, WR and QB. Most of the time I was WR because of my height and hands but sometimes they would use me for QB. When I got the call, I didn't want to mess up. So what did I do not to mess up? I modeled myself after an NFL QB. No not a Giants QB like Danny Kanell or Dave Brown, I did say not mess up remember, I would be the gunslinger Brett Favre.

I would throw the ball as fast as I could to open guys avoiding interceptions that way. I saw some interviews on Brett's WR's and how they said he made their hands hurt because of the velocity he put on the ball. Now my ball wasn't ever that fast, I was only 12 or 13, but it went pretty fast for someone my age and it worked.

Ever since the 90's, I have been a quiet Favre collector putting together a decent sized collection of his cards. He is the one Packer I try not to let go of. Just ask @90sNicheFootball blog how many he has tried to pry away. I don't know why, I just can't let him go.

Other than my in general liking of the guy, it may also be because in 2001 when he "allowed" my guy Michael Strahan to sack him breaking the all time season record with 22.5 sacks. It was an obvious fall to the ground whether they admit to it or not. Or it could be from 2007 when he threw an interception in overtime to Corey Webster leading to a Giants game winning FG and a trip to Super Bowl 42 that they won over the undefeated Patriots. Whatever it is, I like to keep what I have.

At some point Brett will be apart of my Player Profile segment.

But no matter how hard I have tried, I haven't ever landed an autograph card of the guy. I currently have him on my want list and it seems my odds of ever landing an autograph card of his is going down. Prices are too high and I haven't found anyone yet willing to let one go.

However, my odds of landing Brett's autograph in general went way up when I won a recent contest from @eKeeshOnline.

YES, I WON A STINKIN BRETT FAVRE AUTOGRAPH.

The picture is of Lambeau Field with Brett's golden signature at the top. It's a beautiful piece to say the least.


 
And also came with Authenticity and a

 
picture of Brett signing the piece.

 
Simply mind blowing. @eKeeshOnline has thrown some amazing giveaways but this one has to be the tops so far and I have thanked them immensely. This was even cooler than the Aaron Judge Inception auto jersey card I tried to win. Brett is a legend as opposed to Judge who could be a one-and-done. I am telling you this because you really need to give them a follow. They also have very interesting hobby topics to discuss as well.

I still kept a Favre autograph card on my wantlist for someday, in the meantime, I am very happy with this piece. At least I will always have his autograph and that's not something I thought I would ever say.

No comments:

Post a Comment