Tuesday, May 8, 2018

REVIEW:2017-2018 Topps Chrome UEFA

For the first time in Topps Chrome history, it is welcoming the soccer's biggest stage in UEFA. All of the big names are in here with your Ronaldo, Messi, and Jesus.

We all know how much I like chrome no matter the sport, so let's see my thoughts on this new edition.


In every box of 2017-2018 Topps Chrome UEFA is 18 packs of 4 cards each. There is 6 parallels per box along with 1 autograph. Boxes run just under $70.

There are 99 cards in the base set with all of the big names.
 

There are 5 base card variations to find as well. Those are tough to find falling 1:246. I didn't find one however.

As with anything chrome, we have some refractor love. What I like about these, there is no questioning which one is which. It's pretty obvious as you will see in a few.

The base chrome refractors look terrific. These fall 1:3 packs.


Blue refractors fall 1:25 packs. They are numbered to 150.


Purple refractors fall 1:15 packs and are numbered to 250


Orange fall 1:148 and are numbered to 25.

I love how bold these stand out. I hope the baseball parallels in chrome are just as sharp.

Other parallels in the product include, 
  • Green /99
  • Gold /50
  • Red /10
  • SuperFractor 1/1
The inserts and themes in UEFA are the same ones you will find in baseball and still look just as terrific.  Most inserts have a gold /50 parallel.

Future Stars was one of my favorites from the MLB version and looks just as good here. They fall 1:6 packs and include all of the future stars of the sport.


Lightning Strike insert that falls 1:5 packs.


Award Winners fall 1:108 packs. I seemed to have lucked out landing one of the best. I like tough to find inserts.


Now onto my autograph find.

Joao Moutinho
 
OVERALL: It's a chrome product and it's fun. Chrome is the product I feel gives you the most value back from a break for any sport. It was always my first choice in retail when they offered football and has been a top choice for me for years. So if you collect UEFA cards, this is a nice way to go and it's decently priced right now.

You can find the complete checklist, HERE.
Please take a minute out to thank Topps for providing the box to review. Some of the cards you see above will be included in the Fantasy Baseball contest! Follow Topps on all social media sites and check out their website HERE for cards and more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment