Thursday, May 24, 2018

Sets Of My Childhood THE SERIES! Part 7:1997 Upper Deck Hot Coommodities

Welcome to the new series here on Sport Card Collectors!

I decided not only would I make a want list of each of the sets I am chasing in a tab, but I thought a little breakdown and feature may help get me more set help. I am sure many of the sets I am seeking are nickel and dime type of cards so I am hoping my trader friends can be on the lookout for any I don't have.


My current haves are,
5,9

These cards are hot, hot, hot! Well, maybe not so much on the market but on the cardboard with flames they are. There is just something about the black border and fiery flames from behind the players featured that jumps out to me. I busted a ton of 1997 Upper Deck, so much that I completed both series sets. Those I still have today. Sadly, I only had one card from this set but it was a good one. Some guy named Ken Griffey Jr. The Smoltz I have since added in a contest win on Twitter last year.

There are 20 cards in this flaming hot set. They fell 1:13 packs in 1997 UD Series 2. So not overly tough pulls but for some reason I never found them. 
 
So I have many needs to go with only 2 cards out of the 20.
How many of you remember these or collected them?

No comments:

Post a Comment