Friday, May 25, 2018

Sets Of My Childood THE SERIES! Part 8:1997 Collectors Choice Turf Champions

The Sets From My Childhood continues today with a new post and it is brought to you today by the year 1997. The year that I was a big 8th grader collector seeking cards and items of all types.

For Sets Of My Childhood, I decided not only would I make a want list of each of the sets I am chasing in a tab, but I thought a little breakdown and feature may help get me more set help. I am sure many of the sets I am seeking are nickel and dime type of cards so I am hoping my trader friends can be on the lookout for any I don't have.
Busting a ton of 1997 Collectors Choice helped me dive right in with collecting this set. They were easy finds at one-per-pack but sometimes that lead to many doubles. There are actually 4-tiers to this set but I am not sure how far my chase will lead me. I want to at least conquer the first 30 which fell 1:1 packs. Tier 2 which is cards 31-60 fell 1:21 packs. I was fortunate enough to pull the Hostetler above (which has the Fx feel to them), Tier 3 is cards 61-80 that fell 1:71 packs, and Tier 4 ends the set with cards 81-90 that fell 1:145. I have never seen Tier 3 or 4 and not sure how many out there even exist.

My current haves are,

2,3,5,8,9,11,13,15,16,17,18,19,20,25,26,27,28,29,30,35

This project can either be easy or tough depending on how far I want to pursue it. The first tier I am not off to a bad start with, however, the other three have miles to go.

How many of you remember or collected these?

No comments:

Post a Comment