Thursday, June 21, 2018

Museum Musings:A Piece Of Barry Bonds History!

Back in March, I held a contest taking suggestions on what kind of stuff you guys would like to read more about on the blog. Many of the suggestions were toys to non sports to non card items. Well, to please the crowd I will do my best to post those kind of items in this new segment.

Over the years, I have accumulated so much junk. A good portion of it including most of my Starting Lineups and any figures were traded off. I also had a bunch of autographed items I was just looking to downsize with and traded half of those off as well. I still have some to go in that area.

Most of the items I acquired over the years were from purchases in online catalogs, local outlets, department stores, gifts from family, and from a few contests I won. I originally really wanted these items, but as time has gone on and I have gotten older and what feels as my house getting smaller, I decided it was time just to collect cards now. No more adding those markdown McFarlane figures just for the fun of it.

There are some pieces however, I plan on keeping forever. These pieces I will showcase on here.


Back when I first joined the era of internet collecting in 2011, I joined the Upper Deck Volunteer Alliance and earned myself a mail day with my work on my very first mission. As a reward, Upper Deck sends it's members who earned a mail day a prize or prizes. One of my first prizes was the Upper Deck memorabilia piece of Barry Bonds.


This is a Piece Of The Action gameball swatch from when Bonds hit his 500th home run. It is also numbered to guess what, 500.

The piece comes with the authenticity Upper Deck hologram on the back.
 
I like the piece but wished it had been Ken Griffey Jr instead. Never really been a Bonds fan especially after he was in the steroid accusations group. I had considered trading this off but never have had success doing so. For now, I plan on keeping this piece of MLB history* instead.There has to be a reason I have it still. I do like the design, ball swatch with stitches and the fact it's limited to 500 but once again, it's Barry Bonds.

How many of you own a piece like this? Own an Upper Deck Authenticated piece? What do you own or dream to own? Let me hear it in comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment