Monday, June 18, 2018

Nuttin But The HIts:1995 Pinnacle Football 36 Pack Break (NICE PULLS)

The late 90's. Is there truly any better time in the hobby?

The variety, the brands, the innovations, the value.

It's all in there.

For me there is also a bonus, the memories. This was and always will be my best time in the hobby. Nothing will ever change that.

So when I pulled off my last trade with Project Pedro blog I got the opportunity to take a trip back down memory lane with some packs/box breaks from my past. I loved every aspect of our trade, but these breaks were truly what hit me the hardest and what I enjoyed the most. With every pack I busted a smile can be seen for miles across my face and the next chance to open the next pack brought me joy like no other.

There will be multiple breaks coming up on here. So get ready to take a trip back in time!
Today. let's go back to 1995 shall we? That's the year I was currently starting to post about for Origins Of A Cardboard Addict blog. I had thought about busting these boxes over there, but instead I decided to keep them here and maybe this will be the future site of that blog as well and will continue my story of collecting here. 

Okay, I had a huge kid crush on 1995 Pinnacle football and I have mentioned that on The Origins Of A Cardboard Addict before. Now that I am older, I still have what I now call a man crush on the product. I loved the design and especially the inserts.
Today, the product is a lot more affordable than it used to be so why not take a chance on some in my trade with Project Pedro? It was definitely worth it!

Just for an example, here is the kind of photography and design it had for the base set. Which you can find my wants under the set tab. I will be soon separating some of those into a Sets Of My Childhood tab.

Joey Galloway's rookie card from the base set was my favorite card. Slam dunking a football pretty slick for those times. The football enclosing the name at the bottom was a spectacular touch.

Let's take a look at my great break of this product. Up first, the dufex of Museum Collection parallels. these fall 1:4 packs so I got the amount you would expect.


Plus one with judge Steve Young.


Showcase insert falls 1:18 packs. Unique prospective of the players in a photo shoot.


Clear Shots! Holy poop! Finally pulled one. These bad boys fall 1:60 and are in my Sets Of My Childhood chase. One down, nine more to go! These are clear acetate with a touch of silver shine. Very impressive in person so if you see any, please send them my way!!!!!!

And finally my last pull, a 1:90 Team Pinnacle find of Troy Aikman and


Dan Marino. What a find!!
 
I never had a break of Pinnacle like this in the 90's. If I had, I may not have been alive today because my heart would had stopped. Not that it didn't skip a beat or two after this incredible break.
All this did was leave me hanging and wanting more of 1995 Pinnacle. Something I may look back into down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment