Sunday, June 3, 2018

Nuttin' But The Yankee Hits Part 2

Part 2 of my Yankee hits PC is a bit stronger than the first part.

We kick it off with the Rocket. At one time this card was my most favorite card in my Yankees PC. I was a huge Clemens fan in the 90's and when the Yankees made a move for him, I was so excited. I used to pretend I was him in the backyard with my buddies when we played baseball. He was the ace of my staff. Then I found out he was part of the 'roid generation and Roger is no longer a favorite in my collection.

A couple of sweet Giambi relics including a base swatch from the Ex line. Giambi falls under the same feelings I had for Clemens.

I never felt Bernie Williams ever got enough respect for what he did for the Yankees in the league. I always respected him and enjoyed watching him play. These are my only two relics I have of him including once again another one of those base relics I pulled in a box. I just also realized I didn't post my autograph of him for this series. Oh well, another time.

This card was actually a pretty tough pull back in the day when I pulled it. The International Connection Piece Of The Actions were much tougher than the base versions which is why this Posada had some added value to it. But, that's not why I liked it. It's my one and only Jorge hit in my collection.

A couple of young Yanks who never quite panned out. Romine is a TTM I got from Dennis over at Too Many Verlanders.

I know a lot find the Topps Holiday boxes another money grab, but I think it's a cool designed fun product. I like plain swatch relics a whole lot more on this design. Here is my only one like this with Pineda.

Another one of my favorite Yankees was Soriano. I wished he could have stayed instead of having been traded off for A-roid. This is my only hit of him in a Yankees uni. I only consider my Yankees PC hits of players in pinstripes only.

Drew Henson. Only good at college sports even though he tried both NFL and MLB. Still a cool card with a guy who did two sports.

And the best Mickey Mantle card I have in my PC. Isn't that sad. I don't own a single vintage card or real hit of the Yankee great.
 

Part 2 isn't the end of this Yankees hit showcase. Two more parts to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment