Tuesday, June 5, 2018

REVIEW:2018 Topps Premier League Platinum

I am not sure if I missed the memo on this product or just didn't pay attention, but I am glad I didn't miss out.

Now introducing the latest product line for the Premier League with Platinum and it's pretty exciting especially if you collect the sport.

Let's see what a box break of it entitles.

In every HOBBY box of 2018 Topps Premier League Platinum has 2 mini boxes. Each mini box has six packs of eight cards. Each mini box has 1 autograph each and one hobby master box overall has 2 autographs and one relic.

The base set features all 20 teams with each team having 5 cards each building up a 100 card base set. The cards are printed on a finest-plastic type card stock that gives them an extra added appeal. Each card also has a rainbow glisten to it.


 
There is also a master set to build as well in the product. The base cards make up the first 100 in the set. Then come the short prints that fall at their own rates.

Global Stars make up card #s 101-140 in the master set and fall 1:4 packs.

New Signings make up cards 141-160 in the master set and fall 1:4 packs.


And finally Icons falls 1:6 packs and makes up cards 160-180 in the set.
 

This wouldn't be a shiny set if it didn't have parallels.  I pulled three purple New Signing ones in my break. These are all numbered to 50
 

Other parallels to find are,
• Green  /99
• Orange /25
• Red  /10
• Holographic Foil 1/1

Before I move onto the hits, I will admit I already fell in love with the product up to this point, but the thing was I also discovered a tad of a problem as well. I am not sure if this will happen to the base or not, but all three of my parallel hits had the coating peeling off from them on the back of the card. I worry about what this may mean using this type of technology on the cards and how storing them will affect them. Hopefully this was just a glitch for these cards and not all will turn out this way.
 
Okay, enough with the bad news, let's move onto the hits! 

My first one was this relic of Harry Kane. Not too shabby of a pull and I like the design.


My first autograph find was Tomer Hemed who plays for the club Brighton & Hove Albion and the Israel national team.


My second autograph find had some boomsauce in it with Aaron Ramsey who plays for Arsenal and the Wales national team. He has also taken home some awards.
  

Both relic and autograph hits have the same parallels which are
• Green – /100
• Orange  /25
• Red /10
• FoilFractor  1/1

And to see the overall checklist for this product, you can find it here:

OVERALL THOUGHTS.......
I was pretty impressed with the overall look of this product. With only 100 base cards in the base set it wouldn't be too hard to build especially with boxes coming with 96 cards per. Even though you still have to account for the hits and parallels.

The only disappointing part I found in the product was the damaged cards. Just hoping that rest of the base don't "curl" like that.  

The checklist of signers for the product is pretty solid as well. Don't believe me, just check out the checklist I linked above.

I also think the price point is decent for the product and the hits provided.

Thanks goes out to Topps for providing this box for me to break, show the hits to you and to review. Some of the hits in today's break will be used for a variety of contests so you can reap the benefits of Topps providing me this box to break. Please give them a thank you for doing this so we can continue to do this. Also, check them out on all social media sites and on their website which you can find HERE for all of your MLB, MLS, Walking Dead, and more needs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment