Friday, June 8, 2018

Sets Of My Childhood THE SERIES! Part 17:1994 Donruss Diamond Kings

Sets Of My Childhood THE SERIES is a spinoff from just a want list. I decided not only would I make a want list of each of the sets I am chasing in a tab, but I thought a little breakdown and feature may help get me more set help. I am sure many of the sets I am seeking are nickel and dime type of cards so I am hoping my trader friends can be on the lookout for any I don't have.

Okay, okay. Today's Sets Of My Childhood post isn't telling the truth. Honestly, I never chased the Donruss Diamond Kings set from 1994. Not even a single card. However, since I got myself into the hobby that year and the fun design it represents, I threw this as apart of my series.

Today's insert fell 1:9 packs of 1994 Donruss. They were split into two series just like the set was. As with most of the paintings like these back in the day, they were done by the famous Dick Perez. He is even included in this set.

The design is simple. Artist drawn front, but it's the colors and the shine from the Diamond Kings word that is the biggest draw in for me for this specific set vs others like it.

I somehow put together a good handful of this 30 card set and now just need to finish it.

My current haves are,
16, 18,19,22,23,25,26,30
How many of you remember or collected these? 

No comments:

Post a Comment