Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Dub Gave Me Some NY Mentality

It has been some time since I last made a trade with the great Dub over at Dub Mentality blog but it seems he had been saving stuff for me for awhile to make my move.

He broke a box of 2018 Classics football back in June and pulled an autograph in which he tagged me in knowing it would lure me to it. I had to have that card once I saw it and will show it off later on in this mail day recap.

What comes before it, well, that's just as impressive.

Two new Odell Beckham Jr's. I didn't try any of the 2018 Contenders Draft product. I really need to find a trading buddy who may have the Saquon inserts from it.

 
I spoke that he broke a box of Classics, well, here are the results. Like I said in my review, totally like the base.

 
Phoenix was a cool looking product that I broke some of, but not enough to land these Giants. Odell again!

 
Speaking of Odell again, here is another one. I thought the Contenders Optic looked awesome from a distance. Wished I could had afforded to bust a box but I am thankful I at least got to add these two to my PC from it. Marshall has since moved on to the Seahawks, but this refractor Odell is sure nice!

 
Wayne Gallman I felt didn't get the chance to snag the starting spot this year with the Giants "can't pass draft" of Barkley. He had a solid year last year especially towards the end. I expect him to be a great complimentary back to Saquon.

 
How can you not give High Praise to LT on the field? Guy was a beast!

 
Can't say the same for Dayne who was by far a better college runner than pro. I just remember being excited about the Giants taking him and then watching him run into the backs of lineman and losing yards. #Fail

 
Someone not a fail, Michael Strahan. Here is his 1993 Topps gold parallel rookie. There is just something really fun about this photo that showcases early his big personality.

 
Eli is Elite! The Classics white jersey and throwback helmet looks hot!

 
Rudolph is apart of a tight Giants WR depth chart. He has the skills, but can he survive the competition. I hope so. I really like the guy.

 
Saquon! I do have these two, but that doesn't matter. Bring em all my way!

 
And here are two I didn't have. The Score NFL Draft 2018 is a really sharp card. I don't know what it is about it that catches my eye.

 
Odell's theme for 2018, catching fire! I expect a huge year from this guy.

 
Wayne Gallman rookie auto. His autograph is a bit sloppy, but better than some rookies.
 
 
 Check out this sick patch from Select!! Looks like it was apart of his name. Nice looking relic card all around.

 
And finally, that autograph card that was pulled from Classics to end this mail day. Giants pick of Kyle Lauletta. My first autograph of him. He was great in college, but is it him or Davis Webb that is the future in NY. Only time can tell and to be honest I am not ready to think about that yet.
A big thanks goes out to Dub for this terrific trade. I am hoping we can do this again sooner rather than later. Let's not give such a long gap next time!
If you haven't yet, go check out his very popular blog over at Dub Mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment