Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Ken And Aaron

In my latest reader Grady M box checkpoint, we find ourselves looking at some new additions to my Ken Griffey Jr and Aaron Judge PC's.

I haven't really added a whole lot to either PC this year, not because I didn't want to, but because I have been putting my focus elsewhere so far. But, it doesn't mean I quit on them as that's far from the truth. Sometimes you just wanna finish some other projects up first.

Here are my latest Griffey Jr adds.

The Kid in Donruss. This nickname cards I like, but some of them. Well, we will discuss that still.

 
Prizm is so pretty. This is a Prizm Prizm. I don't think Panini thought through the parallel names for these very well. I do wish this was a stand alone product again and not just a Panini Chronicles one.

 
A lot of collectors like this product. I have yet to bust one but think the cards look pretty nice. Ken is shown here for his time with the Reds and Homerun number 500.

 
That's it for the Griffey adds, but the Judge ones just begin!

I only busted a couple of packs of Donruss and didn't land one Judge. Grady helped me out with that issue.


 
 
This was my favorite Donruss card of the group.

 
More Diamond Kings this time in Judge form. Imagine if these were done in MLB logos how much more impressive this product would be.


 And my final card is this pretty sweet combo of past and present with Ruth and Judge.
 
 
I will need to update my Griffey Jr numbers to see where I stand at this point but my Judge collection is creeping towards 100 different cards. That number says a lot for some of the prices his stuff still goes for. I am just glad he didn't have a drop off this year and actually been tearing it up more.
 
More from this Grady M mail day to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment